Saturday, June 23, 2007

If I had my own venture

With so many fortunes being made day in day out a certain optimism has crept in that one day we will be pleasantly stuck by this bug and from then our time would have finally arrived...but is that so simple..
Recently a friend of mine was enquiring how I plan to grab the opportunity if ever it comes ..my impulsive puerile reply was " I shall start my own venture "..Wow it sounded good but delving deeper into ..I realised the onerous effort it involved ..The immediate question parried to me by my friend was "ok!! all done and achieved ,,how do you plan to retain the best employees?" , for it has become Achilles Heel especially in Software Industry where attrition rates have touched double digits to much dismay of the employers.
I pondered over the question and realized the most depressing moments have been when I have been exhorted by the Employers to give my best..an element of despondency creeps in when I realize that the fruits of my labour shall be reaped by someone else...
I therefore inferered that extolling others to work conscientiously for you is inviting trouble ...let us create an atmosphere of grave pessimism among the employees ...let them promote a culture of red tapism non performance and when the gamble has finally paid off....... in company turning red ...I hope that a realization shall dawn upon them that what a fallacy it was on their part ...and if given an opportunity they shall prove their mettle ...a golded egg laying goose has just been tapped .
But the inherent assumptions of this conjecture is basesd on Employees True Conscience , Moral Values ....I believe these are the same things that are the driving forces for students to regard their professors highly as they come to their rescue in their time of crisis ...
Hence moral of the story create crisis and once in it lend a helping hand
Thou shall maketh Friends

No comments: