Saturday, November 22, 2008

Academic Mediocrity

Ever since I entered the precincts of B-School, I was always fascinated by academic excellence. It was deep rooted ideology where I desired to counted not among the best but the very best. A feeling of ecstasy used to run down my spine with the sheer mention of academic brilliance. The very thought of great minds at work with their stupendous effort leading the charge of developing the world we desire for, just made the field of academics a fascinating one. To be a part of the world where we still are not guided by the whims and fancies of an eccentric corporate beast, just seduced me.
But it was never so easy to begin with. As the ones who shall be leading the intellectual brigade , one needs to be thorough with whatever he is pursuing academically with a proof. And that proof is CGPA on the higher side, an abhorrence for corporate culture , leftist leanings and ascetic lifestyle. On a scale of 10, I will score the highest on all the parameters but the first one. Having identified this as my weak link , I wanted to have the first mover advantage. But as is incorrectly Well Begun is Half Done, I just lose the zing in the end. Even the system must share certain blame where dishonesty does not lead to competition of equals but of unequals.

No comments: