Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Rape of the Locks.

Yeah ,……The Cupid Venture that I was narrating eventually turned sour. Despite being aware of the fallibility of the conjecture, I dare trod the hazardous route and fell flat on face. For the uninitiated that is the long and short of ‘LOVE venture ’.

Picking the threads from where I left, my venture still had a lot of excitement left that though has no semblance to the massive page turning splendor of Frederick Forsyth , yet it cannot be glossed over by a receptive reader sympathetic to a cause that is one of the most ventured out acts..

With a feeling of elation, conceit took over me on my triumphant endeavour , a nagging fear of refusal however still did not let me celebrate the occasion . And eventually to muy utter dismay, as things turned out , this fear was not unfounded for. I was, to say euphemistically , not the desire of affection of a damsel who had been my obsession . I was not thought to be appropriate for a pretty lady for reasons that can be attributed to the capricious, ever enterprising yokes of the school who did not let the nice gals out of their grip for the insolent, puerile Quixote’s such as me. I for one had lost a battle of wits, a game of one man upmanship, but to give up is not in my nature. Though the failure and the following repercussions it shall bring in its trail , did not elude my jejune mind , it brought to me the importance of being a ascetic , a hermitage , that led to my being a renegade , and believe it or not the decision has still not paid me off.

Though things that cannot be cured should be endured , I refused to go by the dictates of this. Infact the seriousness of my affection was replaced by a mocking realization of the folly in which I had trapped my self. I sententiously led myself to believe that Romance is the last refuge of a scoundrel , which infact was nothing less than a delusion to which I was a willing party. This prevarication has served me well , but now the time has come to break the shackles . And what a better way to bring the circle back to where it was , that is back to square one. But this time it should be a big mockery

No comments: