Saturday, June 23, 2007

Strange are the Ways of Adverseties

Ever since I have left the cloistered precincts of my Alma mater , the journey has been everything but smooth. The moment you step into the daredevil world of Corporate Affairs you realize the privelege of being one of the most well bred and well nurtured student and the imbecility of the world at large plays incoherently with intellectual ambience that shows no sign of givivg way , much to the discomfiture of you and more so for the organization you work for. Infact one of the most controversial minds Oascar Wilde aptly surmises the thought of puerilty that plagues most workplaces as ...
"The Mind is A Beautiful Object That Starts Functioning the Moment You wake Up till the Moment You enter the Office". If I say I my experience has not been on these lines I shall be indulging in an act of chicanery which I am incapable of prevaricating. Infact it has dawned on me that one of the biggest shibboleths of all time ............" Merit Shall Prevail" stands exposed . It has been realized somewhat bitterly that the tenet has lost its relevance just as Gandhi and Ambedkar's Doctrine of attaching a time frame to the reservation . The fodder , that most of the employee favourites thrive range from Back Stabbing to being privy to the employees .
I believe this is precisely the reason why the Indian Companies despite the huge potential and abundant talent pool have failed to capitalize on the plethora of Opportunities . Infact low cost , cost cutting are the by words that drive the organizations today instead of cutting edge work that shall enable them to compete with the best in the world. But who says that this is the rendezvous when they themselves are happy playing second fiddle to global player

No comments: